Caprese Cheesy Garlic Bread
For a crowd-pleasing sharer that’s easy to make and full of classic ingredients, this Caprese Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe fits the bill.
With oozing and stringy mozzarella cheese, paired with rich sundried tomatoes and fragrant Schwartz Dried Basil, you can capture traditional caprese flavours. Bringing those together with a beautiful loaf of fresh bread (you can choose your bread, just make sure it can be cut into chunks without cutting all the way through to the base*) and plenty of garlic, creates a wonderful tear-and-share style bread that can work as a sharing starter or all round family snack.
With a fast and easy olive oil and balsamic vinegar dipping sauce, you can pack in even more flavour and add a luxurious note to the dish.
This is a perfect recipe to get any little helpers involved (especially if they’re going to be the ones enjoying it!) with the mixing, coating and stuffing of the bread.
*We usually use a bloomer loaf
1 loaf of fresh bread (400g / 14oz)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons Dried Basil
6-10 sundried tomatoes, chopped
175 grams (6 ounces) mozzarella and cheddar cheese mix, grated
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4. Cut your loaf of bread into 2cm chunks, ensuring not to cut all the way through. The loaf of bread still needs to be together on the base.
- 2 Mix together the herbs, minced garlic and melted butter, then pour it all over the bread. You want each chunk of bread to have some of the butter and herb mixture.
- 3 Mix together the sundried tomatoes and grated cheese. Fill in the gaps between each chunk of bread with the cheese / sundried tomato mix.
- 4 Wrap the loaf in foil, place on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese is starting to melt. After 15 minutes, remove the foil and place back in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5 Once the bread is cooked, all the cheese is melted remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a dipping bowl and serve.