1 red onion, diced
100 gram (4 ounce) chorizo, diced
325 gram (11 ounce) risotto or paella rice
1 litre (1 pint 15 fluid ounce) water
1 red pepper, diced
200 gram (7 ounce) raw prawns, defrosted if frozen
100 gram (4 ounce) frozen peas
- Why not try substituting the prawns for cooked chicken thighs for a delicious meat paella.
- 1 Fry red onion and chorizo for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add rice and cook out for 1 minute, stirring.
- 2 Mix sachet contents with water, stir into pan with red pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until water is mostly absorbed and rice is cooked.
- 3 Add prawns and peas, cook for a further 3-4 minutes until prawns are cooked through.
- 4 Serve immediately with a green salad.