Roasted Chipolata Sausages
Add a festive twist to your pigs-in-blankets with this roasted chipolata sausages recipe. Packed with aromatic sage and sweet onions, these succulent chipolata sausages wrapped in crispy bacon will leave everyone asking for more. Taking the flavours of a traditional festive stuffing, these roasted cocktail sausages are the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas turkey.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Fry the onion in the oil until it has softened and stir in the Sage and breadcrumbs. Remove from the heat.
- 3 Lay the eight rashers of bacon on a work surface and stretch them with the back of a knife. Carefully spoon the breadcrumb mixture over each bacon rasher. Lay a cocktail sausage at the bottom and roll the bacon around keeping the stuffing underneath the bacon. Secure the bacon with a cocktail stick.
- 4 Place the prepared chipolata sausages in a roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes or until crisp. Serve.
- 5 Complete your Yuletide table with our Christmas inspiration.