Watercress Potato Soup
200 gram (7 ounce) Jersey Royal potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Garlic Granules
100 gram (4 ounce) watercress, stalks and leaves separated
1½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
600 millilitre (1 pint) milk
1½ teaspoon Flat Leaf Parsley
Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
- 1 Season to taste, stir in the watercress leaves and half of the Parsley. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth, then divide between 4 bowls.
- 2 Combine the remaining olive oil with the remaining Parsley and drizzle over the soup to serve.
- 3 Par-boil the Jersey Royal potatoes for 15 minutes, or until soft.
- 4 Heat 1 tbs of the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and gently fry until softened, but do not colour. Add the Garlic Granules and fry for a further minute.
- 5 Chop the potatoes roughly and add to the pan with the watercress stalks, Ginger and milk and boil for 3-4 minutes.