3 russet potatoes
Canola oil, for frying
Kosher salt, to taste
2 tablespoons Fiery Seasoning
1 cup mayonnaise
Juice of ½ lime
- 1 Cut the potatoes into fries, then soak in a bowl of cold water for 1 hour to remove excess starch and prevent discoloration.
- 2 Fill a large pot with at least 6 inches of canola oil. Heat over medium-high heat until the oil temperature reaches 325˚F (160˚C).
- 3 Dry the potatoes thoroughly with paper towels.
- 4 Working in batches, fry the fries in the hot oil for about 5 minutes, or until light golden brown. Transfer the fries with a slotted spoon to a rack to drain and season with salt.
- 5 Increase the oil temperature to 375˚F (190˚C).
- 6 Add the fries back to the oil in batches and fry until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer the fries with a slotted spoon back to the rack to drain again. Season with 1½ tablespoons of Fiery spice blend.
- 7 In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, remaining ½ tablespoon of Fiery spice blend, and the lime juice. Whisk to combine.
- 8 Serve the fries with the dipping sauce.
- 9 Enjoy!