Sweet Potato Dauphinoise
If you’re used to preparing white potatoes, this is the perfect way of learning how to cook sweet potatoes into your everyday meals. We love this dish served up with chicken or turkey, along with a generous portion of garlicky green beans.
450 millilitre (¾ pint) milk
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
200 millilitre (7 fluid ounce) double cream
450 gram (1 pound) sweet potatoes
450 gram (1 pound) white potatoes
Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Simmer the milk, along with the garlic and Nutmeg, in a pan for 5 minutes. Add the double cream, stir and remove from the heat.
- 3 Peel both the sweet and the white potatoes and slice thinly. Layer the potatoes in a large ovenproof dish, seasoning with salt and pepper after each layer has been completed.
- 4 Pour over the milk mixture and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, pressing the potatoes down with the back of a wooden spoon, every 20 minutes.
- 5 Delicious served with chicken or turkey and green beans.