Potato & Ham Gratin
600 grams (20 ounces) potatoes thinly sliced
60 grams (2.1 ounces) diced ham
50 grams (2 ounces) thinly sliced onions
1 pack Cheddar Cheese Sauce
50 grams (2 ounces) grated cheese
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2 Heat the Schwartz Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix over a low heat.
- 3 Add a dash of oil into a casserole dish, spoon in some of the sauce into the bottom and spread it evenly in the dish.
- 4 Start layering the potatoes, add half the onions and ham and 1/3 of the sauce from the pan, spread evenly. Continue to layer the potatoes and sauce and remaining onions and ham.
- 5 Finish with a layer of potatoes and sauce and top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- 6 Cover with tin foil, but do not seal. Bake for 45 minutes, then for 25 minutes without the tin foil until the top is brown.