Baked Camembert with Cajeta Sauce
If you thought baked Camembert couldn’t possibly get any better, think again. This show-stopping recipe tops the decadent French cheese with a wonderfully spiced caramel sauce and dried fruit. Our quality Schwartz spices give the sauce a depth and richness that brings the whole dish to life. Serve with crisp slices of green apple, and a crusty baguette and we promise this Baked Camembert will be gone quicker than you can say ‘Cajeta’.
- 1 Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Put the Dulce De Leche, Cinnamon, Ginger and Cloves into a small saucepan.
- 3 Melt over low heat, mix well and leave to infuse with spice flavour for 2 minutes.
- 4 Leaving the Camembert in its box, score around the top of the cheese, about 2mm in, and remove the top rind.
- 5 Pour the spiced Dulce De Leche mixture on top of the cheese and then sprinkle the dried fruit on top.
- 6 Bake in the hot oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted in the middle.
- 7 Serve with apple slices and crusty pieces of French bread.