Lasagne with Chilli Bolognese and Thyme & Oregano Topping
1 Hour 30 Minutes
Adding a simple thyme and oregano herb crumb topping will give a twist to your regular lasagne.
- 1 To make a white sauce, melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and stir well. Cook for two minutes to cook out the flour. Remove from the heat and add the milk a little at a time, whisking out any lumps that form. Place the pan back on the heat and whilst stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook for a couple of minutes, season with salt and pepper and set to one side.
- 2 Pre-heat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Spread a little of the Bolognese sauce over the bottom of a 3 litre ovenproof dish. Cover this with a single layer of pasta sheets, snapping them in half if needed so that they fit in a single layer. Spoon over another layer of the Bolognese sauce, then top with ¼ of the white sauce. Top with pasta sheets. Repeat the process, Bolognese, white sauce and pasta twice more using up all the Bolognese sauce. Top with a final layer of pasta and the remaining white sauce.
- 3 Mix together the breadcrumbs, oregano and thyme. Scatter over the top of the white sauce. Then sprinkle with parmesan.
- 4 Place the dish in the oven and cook for 1 hour until golden brown and the pasta cooked.
- 5 Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.