A warming rice dish seasoned with turmeric and cinnamon.
- 1 Add the diced beef with a bit of oil to a big pot. When they are sealed and brown take them out on a plate. Add the sausages to the pot with a bit more oil if needed. Once they got a bit of colour, take them out on the same plate with the beef.
- 2 Add the onion to the pot. Sauté until it get soft then add the garlic. Sauté for one more minute then add the Schwartz cinnamon and turmeric and the salt. Stir together for a minute then add the beef and sausages back to the pot.
- 3 Cover with boiling water from the kettle, put a lid on and let it cook on a small fire for about two hours.
- 4 Take the lid off towards the end so that the liquid drops and thickens. When you drag the wooden spoon on the bottom of the pan and the liquid separates, that's when it's done.
- 5 Meanwhile cook your rice. In a smaller pan add a bit of oil and 2 cups of rice. stir for a bit so that the rice gets covered in oil and then add 4 cups of water and bit of salt. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the fire to minimum and let it simmer until all the water is gone, about 10 minutes.
- 6 Add the rice to the other pot and mix everything together. Serve on a plate with diced tomatoes and onion on top. Enjoy!