Cocoa Chilli Pork Ribs
1 Hour 20 Minutes
Finger-lickin' spare ribs served with a chilli spiced sauce.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Place the ribs in a large roasting dish with the onion, cover with boiling water and foil. Place into the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile mix together the sugar, Cinnamon, Garlic Salt, Crushed Chillies and chocolate in a small bowl.
- 4 Remove the ribs from the oven and drain. Rub the remaining spice mixture over the ribs, until well coated. Place the ribs in a single layer on a foil-lined roasting pan. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile make the sauce, gently heat the apple juice, tomato purée and reserved spice mixture until well combined and glossy. Use half the sauce to baste the ribs and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes, until the ribs are sticky and glossy.
- 6 Place the other half of the sauce in a serving bowl.