Roasted Cumin, Chickpea & Spinach Curry
A deliciously different vegetable curry with butternut squash, chickpeas and spinach seasoned with Korma Curry Spices and roasted crushed Cumin Seed.
- 1 Dry-fry the Cumin Seeds in a frying pan for 30 seconds, remove and lightly crush 2 tsp with a pestle and mortar. Set aside separately from the remaining Whole Cumin Seeds.
- 2 Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion on a low-heat for 5 minutes, until softened and golden brown.
- 3 Add the Korma Curry Spices and crushed Cumin Seeds and fry for 1 minute to release the flavours. Add the butternut squash, coconut milk and chickpeas. Bring to the boil, cover tightly and simmer for 10 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- 4 Add the spinach and stir through until wilted. Season with the lemon juice and Sea Salt, as desired and garnish with the reserved Whole Cumin Seeds and Coriander Leaf.
- 5 Serve immediately with warm naan bread.