9 Easy Meals You Can Make With Everyday Ingredients
Your tastebuds will thank you later.
1. Want to spice it up a bit? Chicken tacos are both simple and delicious.
Marinate your chicken with some oregano, smoked paprika, and cumin. Pop it in the oven, shred, and add it to your taco shells or tortilla wraps with all your favourite toppings. Voilà! You’ve got a delicious meal!
2. Got some potatoes you don't know what to do with? Why not try knocking up some homemade gnocchi?
Simply boil and mash your potatoes, add some flour and a spoon of nutmeg to give it some added zing, break into dumpling-sized pieces, and fry! Enjoy with your favourite pasta sauce or a sprinkle of cheese.
3. If you need a tasty side dish for your evening meal, some loaded potato skins might tickle your fancy!
Bake your potatoes, scoop out the mash into a bowl and add some smoked paprika, oregano, and cayenne chilli pepper. Throw in a little cheese, fill up the skins, and you are ready to feast!
4. Get some flavour back in your life with these easy curried chickpea wraps.
Coat your chickpeas in curry powder, salt, and pepper then simply place in the oven for 10–15 minutes. Add them to tortilla wraps with some cooling yogurt or any filling of your choice!
5. Have you got some bananas that are on their way out? Turn them into some scrumptious ice cream for a quick and easy dessert.
Freeze your very ripe bananas. Once ready put them in the blender with some milk, cinnamon and ginger. Blitz until smooth, dig in, and enjoy!
6. This easy creamy chicken pesto pasta is as comforting as it is flavoursome.
Mix your pasta with some cream cheese, cooked chicken, pesto, and oregano for a super simple lunch. The creamy herb sauce will make it feel super indulgent without any of the effort!
7. If you’ve got some tinned tuna, spicy fish cakes are easy to make and extremely tasty too.
A great snack to share while watching a movie, or a fun starter if you're having a big Saturday night meal! Everyone knows that nachos are in the top tier of snacks, but adding leftover Schwartz chilli really just puts them in a league of their own! Try serving them with a hefty dollop of fresh guacamole — delicious!
Take your tuna and combine it with mashed potato, onion, chilli powder, and smoked paprika. Shape them into cakes and bake in the oven, it’s that easy!
8. If you can’t get enough of baking, these cinnamon and raisin flapjacks might take your fancy.
Simply combine your raisins, oats, cinnamon, and butter and add them to a baking tray. Put them in the oven for around 25 minutes and enjoy immediately. Just try not to eat them all at once!
9. Fancy a sweet treat? Put your apron on, grab your mixing bowl, and make a delectable apple pie.
Add some sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon to your apples to complement their tartness. Spoon your mixture into some pre-rolled pastry and it’s ready to go in the oven. Enjoy with cream, ice cream, or custard for a lovely slice of wholesome goodness.
Now that you’ve got some simple and mouthwatering meal ideas, why not get cracking? Find out more information on Schwartz’s range of herbs and spices here.
Schwartz Oregano is carefully picked and gently dried by expert Mediterranean growers to preserve all of the flavour, colour and aroma contained in its essential oils. That way, you’re guaranteed to get perfectly authentic flavour every time. While it may be known for its appearance in Mediterranean specialties, oregano can be used to add a little zing to cuisines from across the world – its subtle lemony notes bring out the flavours of everything from traditionally British herby roast potatoes to fiery Mexican fajitas. Dried oregano is especially good in sauces, as simmering it in liquid slowly draws out the flavour.