Peruvian Chicken with Sweet Potato Wedges & Peruvian Style Slaw
Pollo a la brassa or Peruvian roasted chicken is a classic south American dish. Served with a zingy slaw and sweet potato wedges.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5
- 2 Spatchcock the chicken by placing breast side down and using scissors to cut down each side of the back bone. Open up, turn back around and set down flat on a large baking sheet.
- 3 Combine 2 tsp of the Peruvian Street Food Seasoning with 1 tbs oil and brush all over the chicken. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 4 After 15 minutes of cooking, on a separate baking sheet pour 1 tbs oil and the Smoked Paprika, rub the wedges in the oil to evenly coat then bake for around 25-30 minutes until tender.
- 5 Meanwhile make the slaw by combining the sour cream with 2 tsp of the Street Food Seasoning add the red onion, carrot and cabbage and stir to combine. Serve the chicken divided into half, or portions and serve with the wedges, slaw and lime wedges.