1 Hour 20 Minutes
An aromatic oven baked layered biryani with lamb.
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5. Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a flameproof casserole dish, add garlic and 1 of the onions and fry until golden, stir in the Biryani seasoning for a final 2 minutes.
- 2 Stir through the lamb, cover with lid and bake in the oven for 40 mins.
- 3 Rinse and drain the rice, then place into a separate pan with the stock, Cinnamon and Cardamom. Cook the rice for half the time recommended on pack, then drain and set aside. Fry the second onion in the remaining oil until golden, set aside.
- 4 When the meat has cooked remove from the casserole, along with onions and any juices. Place a layer of rice in the casserole dish, add a layer of meat and onions and repeat with a further layer of meat and onions and finish with a final layer of rice and mix yogurt with the remaining gravy and pour over any gravy left in the pan.
- 5 Reduce oven temperature to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4. Cover and cook in the oven for 30 mins, then leave to stand for 10 minutes before fluffing rice with a fork, serve garnished with the fried sliced onion and pomegranate seeds.