Salmon with Chimichurri Mango Salsa
A hot smoked salmon with a mango chimichurri. You will need a BBQ cedar plank available in the BBQ section of most supermarkets, alternatively cook on foil.
- If you don’t want to cook on the BBQ, or haven't got a cedar plank salmon can be cooked in the oven, however it won't have the same smoky flavour. If cooking on a coal BBQ arrange the coals to the one side of the BBQ and set the cedar plank over the other side so it cooks by indirect heat.
- 1 Soak a BBQ cedar plank in water for 1 hour so it smokes instead of burning while you are cooking on it.
- 2 Place the mango into a bowl and mix with the Chimichurri Seasoning, 1 tbs water and 1 tbs of the olive oil. Cover and leave to marinate. Cook the rice according to pack instructions. When the rice is tender, drain and keep the rice warm.
- 3 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and peppers for five minutes until soft. Add the drained black-eyed beans and stir to warm through. Add the onion, pepper, and bean mix to the warm rice. Season with the Mixed Herbs, Garlic and Black Pepper and stir to combine the ingredients together.
- 4 To cook the salmon, rub with a little oil. Place on the soaked plank then place the plank on the BBQ and grill for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with the mango and rice.