Peruvian Cod with a Corn & Quinoa Salad
Large knob of butter
175 grams (6 ounces) frozen corn, defrosted under running water
250 grams (9 ounces) cooked quinoa
3 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
1 avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
1 sachet Peruvian
3 tablespoons oil
250 grams (9 ounces) cod fillets, trimmed
lime wedges to garnish
- For ease quinoa is available in 250g pre-cooked microwavable pouches in the supermarket.
- In place of frozen corn use 2 medium corn of the cobs, cooked in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 35-40 minutes wrapped in tin foil with a little butter. Remove corn from the cob by slicing down the sides with a sharp knife.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Heat the butter in a large pan, add the corn and sauté for 5 minutes until the corn is cooked and begins to brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 3 In a large bowl, place the cooked corn, quinoa, tomatoes and avocado. Combine 2 tsp of the Peruvian Street Food Seasoning with 1 tbs oil then combine all together.
- 4 Combine the remaining Street Food Seasoning with 2 tbs oil brush over the top of the cod fillets. Place fillets on a pre-heated baking sheet and cook for 5-10 minutes, until just cooked through. Divide the quinoa salad between two plates, top with the cod and serve with lime wedges.