Salad and summer are made for each other, so why not make it the star of the show at your next BBQ? This Chimichurri Cauliflower Steak Salad is packed full of flavour, healthy and quick to make too; the perfect combination when the weather is warm and the sun is shining. The spicy slightly charred cauliflower steak, fresh salad leaves and tomatoes, crisp cucumber, crunchy seeds and spiced yogurt dressing all work in harmony to create a salad that can both be a main dish or a delicious side at a BBQ.
To save time and make life easier I've used the Schwartz Chimichurri Street Food Seasoning as the main source of flavour in the cauliflower steak marinade. The Argentinian inspired Street Food Seasoning of coriander, parsley and garlic simply needs to be mixed with oil to create a marinade for vegetables, fish or meat; it couldn't be easier! I've found that leaving the cauliflower steak to marinade for a couple of hours really helps to amplify the flavour, so it is really worth doing if you have the time. To cook them you can either grill them on a BBQ, in a griddle pan or in the oven.
For the Cauliflower Steaks 1. Mix the contents of the Schwartz Chimichurri Street Food Seasoning (reserving ½ tsp for the yogurt dressing) with the olive oil until well combined. Spread over the cauliflower steaks on both sides, place in a bowl, cover and leave for a couple of hours to marinate.
2. While the cauliflower is marinating, prepare the salad. In a large serving bowl (or two slightly smaller bowls) layer the salad leaves on the bottom followed by slices of cucumber and tomatoes.
3. Preheat the BBQ/griddle pan/oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4
4. Place the cauliflower steaks on the BBQ/griddle pan/in the oven, cook until soft in the middle and slightly charred on the outside. This takes around 20 minutes in the oven and 7-10 minutes on each side on the BBQ/griddle pan.
For the yogurt dressing 5. Combine the yogurt, fresh lemon juice and sugar. Mix the Chimichurri Street Food Seasoning with the olive oil to make a paste, stir through the yogurt and set aside.
6. Once cooked, place the cauliflower steaks on top of the salad, sprinkle with fresh parsley and the seed mix.
7. Drizzle over the yogurt dressing, serve with warm flatbreads and enjoy!