Korean BBQ Prawn And Sausage Skewers
It’s so easy, so simple, you don’t need to run around finding various spices as Schwartz have helpfully created a Korean BBQ sachet ready and raring to go.
This recipe can be served either as a main using large skewers or as a canapé using smaller skewers. It’s brilliant for those who like a little spicy hot kick in their food.
Guest recipe - Florence Fox,FoodbyFloss
125 millilitres (4 fluid ounce) mayonnaise
1.5 tablespoons Korean BBQ Seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Korean BBQ Seasoning
20 raw and pre-peeled prawns, leave the tails on if preferred
5 pork sausages
5 30cm/12” skewers, or if you would like to make this a canapé use 12cm sized skewers
1 handful of fresh coriander to garnish, either left in whole or roughly chopped
- This recipe uses a BBQ grill to cook the skewers.
- You will need two Schwartz Korean BBQ seasoning sachets for this recipe.
- 1 Before you start cooking it’s important to soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This stops any chance of them catching fire on the BBQ or grill.
- 2 Mayonaise Dip... Start with making the dip so it has time to chill in the fridge. Combine the mayonnaise, Schwartz Korean BBQ Seasoning and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well until all is amalgamated.
- 3 Place the dip in the fridge in a sealed container. It can be stored for up to 1-2 days, if you want to make it ahead of time.
- 4 Prawn & Sausage Skewers
- 5 Dry the prawns using a piece of kitchen roll (paper towel). Place them in a large bowl along with the extra virgin olive oil and Schwartz Korean BBQ Seasoning and mix together.
- 6 Whilst the prawns are marinating, slice the sausages about ½ inch each, you want the thickness to be about the same width of the prawns. Pre-heat the BBQ or grill on high heat for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to medium-high.
- 7 Whilst the BBQ or grill is heating, thread the skewers; tuck one of the sausage slices in the curve of the prawn and slide the skewer through. Continue this until you have three prawns and sausages on each skewer.
- 8 Spray both sides of skewers with non-stick spray or lightly brush them with oil. Place them on the BBQ or grill cooking for 8-10 minutes, continuously turning, until the prawns have become opaque and the sausages are cooked through.
- 9 Once cooked, serve them alongside the dip. Garnish the skewers with a sprinkle of fresh coriander.