Korean BBQ Prawn And Sausage Skewers
It’s so easy, so simple, you don’t need to run around finding various spices as Schwartz have helpfully created a Korean BBQ sachet ready and raring to go.
This recipe can be served either as a main using large skewers or as a canapé using smaller skewers. It’s brilliant for those who like a little spicy hot kick in their food.
Guest recipe - Florence Fox,FoodbyFloss
Korean BBQ Dip:
125 millilitres (4 fluid ounce) mayonnaise
1.5 tablespoons Korean BBQ Seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Korean BBQ Marinade:
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Schwartz Korean BBQ seasoning
Marinated Prawn & Sausage Skewers:
20 raw and pre-peeled prawns, leave the tails on if preferred
5 pork sausages
5 30cm/12” skewers, or if you would like to make this a canapé use 12cm sized skewers
1 handful of fresh coriander to garnish, either left in whole or roughly chopped
This recipe uses a BBQ grill to cook the skewers.
You will need two Schwartz Korean BBQ seasoning sachets for this recipe.
Before you start cooking it’s important to soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This stops any chance of them catching fire on the BBQ or grill.
1. Start with making the dip so it has time to chill in the fridge. Combine the mayonnaise, Schwartz Korean BBQ Seasoning and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well until all is amalgamated.
2. Place the dip in the fridge in a sealed container. It can be stored for up to 1-2 days, if you want to make it ahead of time.Place the dip in the fridge in a sealed container. It can be stored for up to 1-2 days, if you want to make it ahead of time.
Prawn & Sausage Skewers
1. Dry the prawns using a piece of kitchen roll (paper towel). Place them in a large bowl along with the extra virgin olive oil and Schwartz Korean BBQ Seasoning and mix together.
2.Whilst the prawns are marinating, slice the sausages about ½ inch each, you want the thickness to be about the same width of the prawns. Pre-heat the BBQ or grill on high heat for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to medium-high.
3. Whilst the BBQ or grill is heating, thread the skewers; tuck one of the sausage slices in the curve of the prawn and slide the skewer through. Continue this until you have three prawns and sausages on each skewer.
4. Spray both sides of skewers with non-stick spray or lightly brush them with oil. Place them on the BBQ or grill cooking for 8-10 minutes, continuously turning, until the prawns have become opaque and the sausages are cooked through.
5. Once cooked, serve them alongside the dip. Garnish the skewers with a sprinkle of fresh coriander.