Simple Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
A mouth-wateringly simple rustic tomato based pasta sauce with garlic and basil.
- 1 Bring a large pan of water to the boil then season with salt. Add the pasta and boil for 1 minute less than stated on the packet to keep it al dente.
- 2 Whilst the pasta is cooking place a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil, followed by the tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally until they start to release their juices, then turn the heat down to low.
- 3 Add the garlic granules and stir well. Then, stir in the basil and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and reduced. Season to taste.
- 4 Drain the pasta saving some of the cooking water.
- 5 Add the pasta into the sauce and mix well. Use some of the pasta water you set aside to loosen the sauce as it is absorbed by the pasta - you want a consistency that will just coat the pasta.
- 6 Spoon the pasta into warm bowls, then crumble over the parmesan shavings.