Sausage and Mash with Rich Onion Gravy
450 gram (1 pound) sausages
900 gram (2 pound) potatoes, peeled and diced
25 gram (1 ounce) butter
4 tablespoons milk
- Click here for the recipe or on Make It Tonight (above) for more tasty ideas to make in minutes.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
- 2 Place the sausages on a grill tray, on top of a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 3 Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until soft and tender.
- 4 Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Add the butter and milk and mash the potatoes until soft and fluffy. Season to taste.
- 5 Meanwhile, pour the Rich Onion Gravy into a small saucepan and simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- 6 Serve the sausages with the mashed potatoes, pour over the Rich Onion Gravy and serve immediately.